Well, that was quite a weekend! First the bare facts:
- 25 teams with over 350 participants
- More than 50 cancer survivors
- More than 500 Candles of Hope
- Superb acts from our dancers and performers
- Dozens of volunteers to help set up and run the event
- Hundreds of members of the public to come and support
- A wonderful and moving atmosphere, especially the Candle of Hope Ceremony
and already over £70,000 raised after expenses, with £80,000 likely.
In short, a stunning success on all levels.
Thank you everyone for supporting, attending and making it such a special weekend. Especial thanks to every team, who created the unique spirit that is Relay. We'll post photos shortly.
We hope that you will all be back next year for Relay 2008.
Leslie, Gill and the Organising Committee.